The Bible Baptist Church of Beaver Dam began with a series of Bible studies held at the Kasten farm near Juneau. While the Kastens’ daughter, Laura, was on deputation to go to the Philippines as a missionary, she met Pastor Grant Rice, a church planter. She challenged him to begin a work in Beaver Dam.
Bible classes were held on Thursday nights for 16 months. On April 20, 1958, the first services were held in the Labor Temple, a downtown location occupying the second floor above some stores. Pastor Rice eventually moved to Beaver Dam and the services were then held in his home at 706 South Spring St. Sunday School classes were held throughout the house and even in the garage. The Church was officially organized on Jan. 7, 1959, and received the charter and papers of incorporation on Jan. 15,1959. A recognition service followed on April 23, 1959.
In October of 1959 the Church bought property on the corner of Gould and McKinley and began to construct a building. Though it was still incomplete, the future home of Bible Baptist church hosted the 1959 Christmas program. The structure was completed in 1960. Construction of a parsonage followed in 1961. During the years of 1960-1967, Pastor Armin Erb, and then Pastor John Catlin, shepherded this new congregation. Pastor Harry McKinney arrived at Bible Baptist in 1967 and his vision resulted in the purchase of land for the future construction of a larger building to house the growing congregation. Pastors Lyle Ahrenholtz (1974-1977) and Tim Parcheta (1977-1980) served the congregation during a time of remodeling the original church building . After the arrival of Pastor Robert Johnson in 1981, a new building was erected at 900 Prospect Avenue, the site of the land purchase. The building was completed in 1988. After a fruitful and blessed ministry, Pastor Johnson retired in 2003. Rev. Carlos Galvan was called as the pastor of Bible Baptist Church in October of 2003. Pastor Galvan retired in July of 2019.
As God called different pastors to minister at Bible Baptist, and as the church met in different locations in its earlier years, certain aspects of Bible Baptist never changed. The church continually practiced faithful preaching of the Word of God and loyal dedication to the Great Commission. By the Lord’s grace, this assembly of believers will continue in this heritage.